Community Collective is growing and we need your help! Join the Community Collective Advisory Board and Committees to help decide the future of our events and programming. The Advisory Board serves as a liaison between Community Collective, our attendees, and the greater business community. Responsibilities include developing and operating committees for networking groups, events, community outreach, and programming.
Bring young professionals and entrepreneurs together through education and community engagement to build connections.
Our vision is to unite local communities to empower them to thrive and collaborate.
ADVISORY BOARD OBJECTIVES:
- The Advisory Board serves as a liaison between Community Collective, our attendees, and the greater business community.
- Develop and operate committees for networking groups, events, community outreach, and programming.
- Educate local communities about the services and benefits of Community Collective.
- Promote the Community Collective in the business community, referring prospective attendees to events.
- Engage with new attendees at Community Collective events.
ADVISORY BOARD BENEFITS:
- Earn commission for referring sponsors.
- Gives you leadership opportunities with Community Collective and the community.
- Build your resume as a leader in the community.
- Greater visibility for your business.
- Development of business contacts through relationships established as an Advisory Board Member.
- Recognition for your contributions at events and on Community Collective’s website.
- Exclusive discounts on ticketed events and sponsorship packages.
ADVISORY BOARD EXPECTATIONS:
- When representing Community Collective, act professionally, including but not limited to: attire, professional behavior in all public interaction, and on social media.
- Attend a minimum of 60% of Community Collective events and board/committee meetings, without 3 consecutive absences.
- For networking events, attend and help with greeting, registration, guiding first-timers, building networking opportunities and/or clean-up.
- Provide feedback for continuous improvement of programs.
- Answer questions about participation and assist with registration or other activities as requested.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Consistently and positively promote the Community Collective and our team.
- Community Collective maintains neutrality regarding attendees and participating businesses. The use of Community Collective resources to promote other organizations, businesses, or objectives is strictly prohibited. Resources include, but not limited to, Community Collective email addresses, social channels, and print materials.
- Display the highest standards in communication and responsiveness by promptly returning calls and e-mails to attendees and fellow board/committee members.
- Make every effort to ensure all guests and new attendees feel welcome at all Community Collective events.
- Report any negative comments or situations regarding the Community Collective to an appropriate team member for prompt attention, and maintain such information in confidence.
- Alcohol is served at some Community Collective events. Board and committee members are expected to limit their use of alcohol while attending any event. In addition, board and committee members may not attend an event while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Maintain neutrality regarding political candidates when serving as a representative of Community Collective and refrain from wearing campaign attire or displaying campaign literature. The Community Collective does not endorse political candidates.
- Support and adhere to decisions made by the Advisory Board as a whole and the Community Collective’s Leadership Team, regardless of individual feelings or opinions.
Advisory Board Application
Serve as a liaison between the Community Collective, our attendees and the greater business community.